The John Knox Presbyterian congregation was formed in 1893 and was known as First United Presbyterian at that time. JKPC was a vital part of the initial vision for child care for college students, and was instrumental in making the preschool a reality. Throughout the decades, JKPC has been a gracious host, providing space in the church for the preschool and maintenance of the classroom areas and grounds.
Today the congregation continues to have a heart for missions, which include the families of the preschool. The children and their families are invited to events such as Vacation Bible School and block parties hosted by JKPC. At various times members of the church have read stories, created crafts or provided other tangible help for the preschool. Without our partnership with John Knox Presbyterian Church and their continued support, Interfaith Campus Preschool and Child Care Center would not have enjoyed the stability and success it’s experienced over the years.
We appreciate the support that JKPC supplies us, and thank them wholeheartedly for their continued investment in our mission!